How to Care for Jewelry with Enamel
Jewelry with enamel is beautiful and unique. To maintain their appearance and prevent damage, we recommend following these care instructions:
- Avoid impact: Enamel can chip or crack upon impact. Be gentle when wearing and handling enamel jewelry to prevent damage.
- Cosmetics and chemicals: Apply cosmetics, perfumes, lotions, and hairsprays before putting on enamel jewelry to prevent exposure to chemicals that can harm the enamel.
- Moisture control: Enamel can be sensitive to moisture. Remove your enamel jewelry before swimming, bathing, or engaging in activities that expose it to water.
- Clean gently: Clean enamel jewelry with a soft, damp cloth or a gentle jewelry cleaning solution. Avoid abrasive materials, harsh chemicals, and ultrasonic cleaners, which can damage the enamel.
- Storage: Store enamel jewelry in a soft pouch or a jewelry box with padded compartments to prevent scratching or chipping. Keep pieces separated to avoid contact with other jewelry.
- Inspect regularly: Periodically inspect your enamel jewelry for any signs of chipping, cracking, or damage. If you notice any issues, contact your local Na Hoku store location or Na Hoku Customer Service.