How to store Jewelry
Storing jewelry properly is a key factor to ensure you can enjoy your treasures over a long period of time. It helps prevent damage, tangling, and ensures each piece retains its beauty.
- Use Jewelry Boxes: We recommend a jewelry box with padded compartments or trays. These compartments help to keep different pieces separate, preventing scratches and tangles.
- Individual pouches or bags: Consider storing delicate items in individual pouches or soft bags to offer an extra layer of protection.
- Avoid crowding: Avoid overcrowding your jewelry box. Overcrowding can lead to tangling, scratching, and damage. Leave enough space between items to easily access each piece.
- Keep away from sunlight: Store your jewelry away from direct sunlight and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sunlight can fade gemstones and heat may damage some materials.
- Avoid moisture: While jewelry should be regularly cleaned, do not allow jewelry to stay wet. Before putting away your jewelry, always ensure all pieces stored together are clean and completely dried. Store your jewelry in a dry space with plenty of air circulation. Adding a silica gel packet helps to remove moisture.
- Separate metals: Different metals can react with each other, causing tarnish or discoloration. Store gold, silver, and other metals separately from each other to prevent chemical reactions.
- Regular cleaning: Clean your jewelry before storing it to remove oils, sweat, and dirt that can cause damage or tarnish over time.
Additionally, it's generally recommended to remove and properly store your jewelry before lying down, sleeping, or engaging in activities to avoid discomfort, damage, or loss.