How to Care for Mother-of-Pearl Gaming Counter
Mother-of-Pearl Gaming Counter is an authentic antique Chinese work of art, dating from the Ch’ing Dynasty, circa 1720-1840. To maintain their elegance, we recommend similar care to pearls:
- Avoid contact with chemicals, acids and cosmetics: Keep pearl jewelry away from perfumes, soaps, lotions, and hairsprays, as these can dull the luster. Put on your pearl jewelry after applying cosmetics. Avoid contact with bleach, ammonia, alcohol and swimming pools.
- Wear with Care: Pearls are relatively soft and can be scratched easily. Avoid wearing pearl jewelry during any activities that may subject them to impact or abrasion. Metals and pieces on clothing, jewelry or other accessories can also scratch the pearl.
- Avoid moisture: Keep gaming counters away from moisture and humidity, as these can cause the Mother of Pearl to discolor, or even break if exposed for a longer period of time.
- Cleaning: Clean the counters with a soft, damp cloth to remove dirt and oils. Avoid abrasive materials, harsh chemicals and soaking in water.
- Storage: Store gaming counters in a dedicated container or pouch to prevent damage during storage.
- Regular inspection: Periodically inspect the counters for any signs of damage or deterioration. If you notice any issues, contact your local Na Hoku store location or Na Hoku Customer Service.